Definition of relaxation: The state of being free from tension and anxiety
This six-week course provides parents with the fundamentals to understand and practice mindfulness meditation both for yourself and your family. With practical knowledge and effective tools, you will learn to manage stress, reduce anxiety, calm the mind and connect with yourself and your loved ones.
What is Mindfulness?
Being in the present, on purpose and non-judgmentally. Paying attention in this way frees us of worry and anxiety so that we are free to be present and enjoy life. Scientific research shows that mindfulness is effective in promoting a sense of well-being by improving focus, clarity of mind, concentration, creativity and sleep for parents and children alike.
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves sleep quality
- Discover relaxation and ease in parenting
- Improves relationships with your children and your spouse
- Develops mental clarity and creativity
- Managing stress at work and at home
- Techniques for effective communication with your children
- Less stressful and more effective ways to respond when angry or upset
- Improving connections with children and other family members
- Benefits and practice of laughter
- 6 Weeks
- Each weekly session is 60 minutes
- Presented in Charlotte Meditation Studio
- Comfortable clothing suggested
- No special equipment or materials required
* NOTE: Chairs available if sitting on the floor is uncomfortable for you
Limited to 10 participants
Classes are regularly scheduled Monday – Friday 4pm – 8pm and Saturdays between 8am – 5pm
Please call 704-299-0200 for the next available class
Advance Registration is required
Please fill out the following form and we will get back to you with information on our upcoming classes.